This product has been around for a very long time and I thought it’s time I do my Insanity workout review for those of you wondering if this program actually works.
From an infantryman in the army to a work from home dad, I’m sure you’ll appreciate an opinion from someone who knows how it is to be in tip top shape to being in the worst shape of his life. Read More
Now obviously I’m a dude, but yes, I did try this exercise. This Piyo workout review will show you exactly why I think this is something you should actually give a try, whether you are a man or a woman.
With the many workout programs on the market, it’s really hard to pick one especially with all these As Seen on TV marketing infomercials that we all find enjoyment int.
Whether you were motivated by the little stories or by Chalene Johnson, it’s great that you did your research rather than just buying something that might be nothing but hype.
Read this review on Piyo, from a guy’s point of view to see if this is really the right program for you.
Not your typical quick and easy workout, but will it be worth your hard earned money?
We shall see.
Product Creator: Beach Body
Product Owner: Chalene Johnson
Overall Rating: 4/5 stars
Piyo is a Beach Body product which is conducted by Chalene Johnson, who is no newbie to the fitness world and social media.
It consists of pilates mixed with Yoga. Put it together and you have PiYo!
Unlike your typical yoga exercises where you have to hold different poses for a pretty long time, PiYo doesn’t focus on that.
It keeps you moving, so if you’re anything like me and you can’t really hold those yoga poses for a very long time, this will be perfect for you.
Definitely not just for women but rather for anyone who is looking for an exercise program to help them get back into shape.
With the low impact exercises, this is ideal for anyone with knee problems or aching joints for that matter.
This is also great to help with flexibility, so if you’re having a hard time trying to tie your shoes, this is definitely a program to consider especially if you’re pressed for time.
If you do decide to purchase Piyo, you will get the following
The 10 workouts include:
The only things you will need to get started with Piyo is a yoga mat, some water, and you then you can get started with this.
Workouts are done 6 days a week and all the workouts are conducted by Chaline and all exercises target one part of exercising.
Cardio, body sculpting, abs, and strength training.
Piyo is yet another successful Beach Body product and is very organized and meets all standards that come with the best exercise programs out there.
Product Owner: Chalene Johnson
Price: $72.80 from Amazon.com
Overall Rating: Piyo is a great program and will improve flexibility along with helping you lose some weight. Highly recommended as it is affordable and very easy to follow.
Almost every program can and will work but it is really going to be up to you.
Some may be better than others, but again, it will all depend on what your needs are.
If you’re looking to be buff, I’m sure you know this isn’t going to be the right program for you.
Now if you want to get toned down, burn some fat, and increase energy, this is going to do just that.
Piyo will work as long as you follow the program and eat the right foods.
In the end, this is better than doing nothing.
Watching these infomercials will make you pull the trigger just like I did.
From the bonuses, to the slashing of 1 payment it will make you buy it especially if your bank account is a bit on the heavy side.
Then they throw in the 60 day money back guarantee, which I’m sure most of you will not even do, even if you’re not satisfied.
Of course they’re going to say that you can only get this in stores, but again, this is some marketing that I absolutely love.
Now if you want to get Piyo, you can get it on Amazon.com and still get the bonuses, the discounts, and everything that you saw on that infomercial.
Definitely worth the money and something I recommend it to both men and women.
Remember now, it is not going to be Piyo that gets you into shape, so don’t think that just by purchasing these DVDs is going to cut it.
Get this if you want to make a change in your health and stick with it.
Eat the right food, follow the exercises, and you will see results.
I give Piyo 4/5 stars and I think you will like what this program has to offer.
Thanks for reading my Piyo review and hopefully you can get that body you want by using the exercises that Chalene will guide you through.
Low impact and core strengthening exercises are the in thing, so get yourself on any workout program and stick with it.
Looking for something more advanced? You might want to try Insanity!
If you have ever had trouble carrying in a particularly heavy set of groceries or walking up a particularly long set of stairs, you may or may not be just a bit out of shape.
Get winded while lugging out the trash?
Struggle to get off the floor when playing with this kids?
You might just be a bit out of shape.
If your dad bod isn’t showing just yet, let’s not wait until it shows up before we realize that we need to do something.
With your heavy work load and active family life, you don’t have time to hit the gym and that’s something we all encounter as parents.
Heaven forbid that you get a solid 30 minutes of peace sometimes during the day.
Don’t worry, I’ve have compiled a short, easy list of simple workouts you can do for just minutes a day to get the blood flowing and the body from getting lazy.
Let’s start with some basics.
Note: How ever many sets that you do is entirely up to you and your skill level, however, most doctors agree that at least 2 sets of 10 is a great start to any workout regimen.
My other half actually follows the Darebee Daily Workout. There are 6 different set of 6 different, simple, no equipment workouts. Every day, you choose 3 sets with a 2 minute rest in between each set.
The Darebee Daily Workout
Set One: Ten Jumping Jacks
Set Two: Five Squats
Set Three: Five Push-ups
Set Four: 10 High Knees
Set Five: 10 Climbers
Set Six: Five Plank Jumps
That’s okay. So do I!
I tried to do the Darebee Daily Workout with my other half and just could not dedicate to doing it daily. Mainly because I got bored.
Personally, I love to dance! I’m not a particular great dancer but it sure is fun and seriously keeps the heart pumping.
If you’re a “get up and groove” kind of guy, find a dance workout video and follow it.
I got some cheap videos from the early 90’s and started seeing some decent results in about two weeks.
So remember, you don’t need to spend a hundred dollars on a video.
Now if you do decide to spend, you might want to checkout the Insanity workout program conducted by “Shawn T”, which is what I use when I feel like being challenged.
Zumba is also crazy fun!
I thought it was just for ladies, but guys, you might want to at least give it a try.
I have a friend that is a single father of 3 toddlers boys. He works 2 jobs and still, somehow, works in family time daily.
One day, I realized he had dropped some weight. So, of course, I needed to know how he was finding time to go to the gym.
Turns out, he wasn’t going to the gym…
Per the Blog, “Prevention” who Adapted it from “Fit Not Fat at 40-Plus”: Here some are simple, practical ways to work exercise into your day even when you’re short on time
Around the House
1. When you go outside to pick up your morning newspaper, take a brisk 5-minute power walk up the street in one direction and back in the other.
2. If you’re housebound caring for a sick child or grandchild, hop on an exercise bike or do a treadmill workout while your ailing loved one naps.
3. Try 5 to 10 minutes of jumping jacks. (A 150-pound woman can burn 90 calories in one 10-minute session. Just imagine what a 200-pound man can do.)
4. Cooking dinner? Do standing push-ups while you wait for a pot to boil. Stand about an arm’s length from the kitchen counter, and push your arms against the counter. Push in and out to get toned arms and shoulders.
5. After dinner, go outside and play tag or shoot some hoops with your kids and their friends.
6. Just before bed or while you’re watching your nightly show, do a few repetitions of some dumbbell exercises, pushups, and/or sit-ups.
7. Walk around the block several times while you wait for your child to take a music lesson. As your fitness level improves, add 1-minute bursts of jogging to your walks.
8. Walk around medical buildings if you have a long wait for a doctor’s appointment. Don’t be afraid to ask the receptionist for an estimated time of wait. Most are usually willing to tell you.
9. While your son or daughter plays a soccer game, walk around the field whiling cheering them on or if there is a track around where they practice like mine does, there’s no excuse as to why you can’t get a nice run in.
10. Turn a trip to a park with your child into a mini-workout for you. Throw a ball back and forth and run for fly balls.
11. Walk or Bike to work if you can.
12. If you dine out on your lunch hour, walk to a restaurant on a route that takes you a little bit out of your way.
13. If you have a meeting in another building, leave 5 or 10 minutes early (or take some time afterward), and do some extra walking.
14. On breaks, spend 5 to 10 minutes climbing stairs.
15. If you’re pressed for time and must wait for an elevator, strengthen your core with ab exercises. Stand with your feet parallel and your knees relaxed. Contract the muscles around your belly button. Then elevate your upper torso, and release. Finally, contract your buttocks for a few seconds. I do this all the time and no one even realizes I’m exercising.
16. Use a ringing phone as an excuse to stretch your back. Stand with your feet astride. Imagine that you are encased in a plaster cast from your waist to your head. Gently tilt the lower part of your pelvis backward. Contract your abdominal muscles. Then gently tilt your pelvis forward.
17. Put away your remote and change channels the old-fashioned way—by getting up and walking to the television set.
18. Dance as if you were 16 again. Put on a music program or MTV. Then dance like crazy. Your kids will love this! Get the whole family involved.
19. During commercials, jog in place. A 150-pound woman can burn up to 45 calories in 5 minutes. Or try Prevention’s Couch-Potato Workout.
20. Do leg exercises and lifts with small weights while you watch The Weather Channel, cooking shows, movies, or the news.
21. Pack your sneakers and a fitness DVD. Call ahead to make sure your room has a DVD player. If it doesn’t, bring a laptop or portable player.
22. If you’re traveling by car, stop twice a day for short, brisk walks and some stretching.
23. During layovers at airports, avoid the mechanized “moving carpets” that transport travelers from concourse to concourse. If you’re in between flights, walk around the concourse as much as you can.
24. Book a hotel room between the fifth and eighth floors, then ignore the elevator. Better yet, take two stairs at a time. (Check with the hotel first because for security reasons some hotels do not allow guests to use stairs except for emergencies.)
25. Do calf stretches while riding in elevators.
If you keep “exercising” these tips daily, you might turn into this fitness junkie and you will eventually be ripped. Although simple and comes without a price tag, it will work.
The key to any type of fitness is having a guide. Without one and you will only think about losing weight and in most cases nothing will happen.
I hope these tips have helped you come up with some alternatives to a gym and hopefully you can incorporate them into your already busy everyday life.
Oh and if you’re going to the grocery store, park as far away as you can, rather than trying to beat some old lady into a parking stall right next to the entrance.