Fisher Price Fashion Diaper Bag Review
I review new products often, but very rarely do I have the chance to highlight something that not only do I use on the daily, but my entire family does as well. Today I have been given that opportunity, and I’m pretty jazzed about it.
No, it’s not as glamourous as a television set or the Play Station, but actually it gets a lot more use than both objects combined. I’m talking of course, about the diaper bag.
Not just any diaper bag, the Fischer Price Diaper Backpack. If you are a parent of a small child, you know that the time for excitement is now.
The diaper bag makes the difference between a fun family outing, and a poop splattered nightmare (if you thought that image was gross, you are definitely going to want to read on, because a decent diaper bag is the only thing keeping you from it).
I suppose I have preambled enough. Read on for a definitive review of the Fischer Price Diaper Backpack.
- Insulated Bottle Pocket: This is a great feature for when you know you are going to be out of the house for a while. Regardless of what you have planned, your baby is going to need to eat at some point, but without the proper storage options you aren’t really going to be able to safely facilitate that.
The insulated bottle pocket solves that problem. With this feature you can safely transport milk for hours without worrying about it spoiling.
- Changing Pad: This feature is a life saver also. If you have ever had to change your baby in public you know how nasty it can be. No, not the diaper (those are always nasty, but in a cute sort of way) the public!
There just aren’t any surfaces out there that are clean enough for me to feel comfortable enough to rest my baby on them while I go through the process of changing her diaper.
The changing pad solves that problem. It’s easy to bust out, and of course it stores well. Just remember to clean it when you get home!
- Pacifier Compartment: Given how large all of the other pockets are in this bag, the pacifier pocket really isn’t necessary, but it is helpful. When you need a pacifier, you need it right away so it helps not to have to root around the bag. With this pocket, you will always know where to find yours.
- Refillable Wipe Case: The wipe case! Do I love every aspect of this bag? I certainly seem to. The wipe case is conveniently located on this bags side so that you have easy access to the wipes whenever you find yourself in need of one.
Pros and Cons:
Now that you are aware of what this bag can do let’s take a close look at the pros and cons so you can decide for yourself if it is right for your family.
- Big: Of course, that’s one of the most important components of a diaper bag, right? The pockets featured on this bag are immense but at the same time it’s relatively simple to store when you aren’t using it. We usually put ours on the bottom compartment of the stroller.
And since it is a back pack, it’s also very natural to carry, and the straps keep it from ever getting too heavy.
What I like most about it is that not only are we able to remain well stocked in diapers, but we also fit a lot of toys and books in it no problem. That is especially beneficial considering how often our daughter drops her toys onto unclean surfaces. It’s good to have a lot of options so that we can continuously swap them out.
- Comfortable: This bag features some really nice padding on the straps and back area that keep it nice and comfortable. It’s a big plus especially when you are going to be out for a awhile.
- User Friendly: Another big plus of this bag is that it is designed to optimize your access to the things you need. Very rarely will you find yourself digging around looking for something. The milk has its own compartment, as does the pacifier and wipes.
With babies, everything is urgent. You really don’t want to be rooting around in a bag in the middle of the mall while your kid is screaming their head off, and poop is literally running down their leg. Believe me, you don’t want that.
With this bag, you have quick access to everything that you need, which will definitely help eliminate stress when you find yourself in a tense situation.
There really aren’t any cons in play here. The bag functions very well and I’ve found that every aspect of it works exactly as advertised. It’s extremely handy, lightweight, and easy to store.
I will mention that it isn’t the cheapest diaper bag on the market. For those on a very specific budget that may or may not eliminate it as a buying consideration.
For what it is worth, I think that the difference in price is insignificant enough to just bite the bullet and buy the better bag. Years down the road, you probably won’t remember the extra fifteen dollars that you spent anyway, but you will still have a super reliable diaper bag.
I understand that isn’t an option for everyone. If it isn’t for you, don’t worry there are certainly loads of great baby products out there for every budget.
My reviews aren’t usually this much of a love letter to the products I am taking a look at, but considering how handy this product has been for my family and I, I’m definitely partial to it.
Of course, you will have to make your own decisions as to what is right for your family, but for what it is worth, I fully endorse this product. A good diaper bag is a life saver, so chose one that is reliable.