The WORX 14-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Lawn Mower Is Actually Not That Bad
Most of us mow our own lawns. I’ve always found that on a nice day when the sun is out, but mild, and the sky is particularly blue the time spent mowing my grass can even be sort of pleasant.
Then I run into problems. The motor won’t start. I lose my charge. My mower is awkward and uncomfortable to use. Small inconveniences that are enough to ruin the entire experience.
If you want to improve the way that you cut your grass, the product that we will be highlighting today might just be your solution. The WORX 14-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Lawn Mower.
WORX 14-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Lawn Mower with Easy-Start Feature, Removable Battery, and Grass Collection Bag – WG775
This lightweight multipurpose electric mower is a dream for those that want to improve the quality of their mowing. Of course, only you can decide if the Worx is right for your home, so let’s go over some features so you can decide for yourself.
- Great Battery: The strong battery featured on the Worx mower is powerful enough to let you cut up to six thousand feet off one single charge. Unless your yard is absolutely massive, that should be more than enough to get the job done.
- Lightweight: At only thirty-three pounds, this model is lightweight, which will make navigating your yard a whole lot simpler. It can be exhausting lugging around a heavy mower all afternoon. The Worx mower solves that problem.
- Options: You can either mulch while you mow, let the clippings be discharged out the back, or tuck them away in an attached bag. While most of the time you will more than likely only use the bag function, options are always nice.
- Separate Battery: Charging something in your garage or shed (you know, the places most people keep their mowers) can be difficult. Fortunately the Worx features a removable battery so that you can charge wherever is most convenient to you.
- Ready at the push of a button: This model also eliminates the need to struggle with the inconvenient pull chords that can add frustration to the job before you even start. Instead, just press the button, and you will be ready to go!
Pros & Cons
Now that you are aware of what this mower can do, let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons.
- Saves you money: Being an electric mower, the Worx will definitely safe you a lot of money in the long run on gasoline. Everyone also knows by now that electric products are much better for the environment than their gas counterparts, which is another big plus.
- Never compromise: The reason many people steer clear of electric mowers is because they have a reputation for being less powerful than those of the gas variety. The Worx mower challenges that assumption. With the capacity to cut up to six thousand feet on one charge, you can count on having more than enough power to get any job done.
- Saves you back pain: When I was growing up and still living with my parents, one of my jobs was to cut the grass. I didn’t hate this job necessarily. It was certainly preferable to say, cleaning the kitchen, but had my parents owned a lightweight mower it would have been a much better gig. Hauling around a big heavy mower is difficult, and on a hot summer day it is probably the last thing that you want to do. You don’t have to with the Worx which weighs in at just over 33 lbs.
- One thing many uses have reported is that the rechargeable battery is only going to hold up for about a year or so. After that point, it probably won’t take much of a charge anymore, at which point you will need to replace it.
The problem? Replacing the battery is expensive, and it certainly is not something that you want to have to do every year.
Personally, I don’t consider this a disqualifying attribute, but I do think it is a good thing to know upfront.
Ultimately, for my purposes, I think that the pros still outweigh the cons, but you will have to make that choice for yourself.
As is true with any buying decision, the choice will ultimately be up to you.
Mowing the lawn can be challenging, so since you have to do it, you want to be using equipment that you can trust.
Personally, I think that it is a good buy.
The battery life is unfortunate, but if you can look past that you are still getting a high-grade, lightweight mower that isn’t harmful to the environment.
Decide for yourself, but personally I think that the Worx mower is a quality product good for suiting anyone’s yard needs.