Britax Recalls Over 700,000 Strollers: What Should You Do?
According to the United States Product Safety Commission there has been a recall of over 700,000 strollers due to a risk of falling.
We own a Britax Affinity Stroller so this immediately got my attention. As of now, it looks like we weren’t affected by this recall.
Now if you own a Britax B-Agile or a BOB Motion Stroller you might want to visit the Britax website to see the different models that are connected to this recall.
“Britax has received 33 reports of car seats unexpectedly disconnecting from the strollers and falling to the ground, resulting in 26 reports of injuries to children, including scratches, bruises, cuts and bumps to the head.”
These strollers could’ve been purchased anywhere between MAY 2011 to FEB 2017, so if you have purchased your stroller from Target, Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby, or Amazon.com this pertains to you.
“Consumers should immediately stop using their Click & Go receiver mounts and contact Britax for a free repair kit for single strollers. Owners of the recalled double strollers should stop using them with car seats attached. Consumers can continue to use their stroller or car seat independently without the car seat attached to the stroller.”
What You Should Do:
You should immediately stop using your B-Agile and BOB Motion stroller as a travel system, however, it is safe to use your stroller in the recline-mode for infants.
- Do not return product to the retailer.
- Dispose of your Click & Go receivers.
- For single stroller only – before installing remedy kit, review the printed instructions. A video is also available for your convenience.
If you have questions or concerns, contact the Britax Customer Service Department at the dedicated recall line: 1-844-227-0300. Customer Service business hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.to 7:00 p.m. ET and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET. Customers in Mexico with questions or concerns should contact customer support at 01 55 5026 0879 or by emailingMX.Atencion@britax.com. Customers in Chile with questions or concerns should contact customer support at Silfa Chile by emailing email@example.com.
For more information:
- Britax online at www.us.britax.com and click on the Safety Notice on the homepage, or visit us.britax.com/recall;
- Call toll-free 844-227-0300 from 8:30 a.m.to 7 p.m. ET Monday through Friday and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET Saturday;
- Email Britax at firstname.lastname@example.org.